[asterisk-users] Zaptel channel reservation

Jack jack.ssh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 03:06:30 CDT 2007

Tzafrir Cohen schrieb:
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 02:01:49PM +0200, Jack wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a Wildcard TE110P connected to a E1 line an I want to reserve
>> channels in the following way:
>>
>> channels 1-15 and 17-21 for incoming calls
>> channels 22-28 for outgoing calls
>> channels 29-31 for emergency calls
>>
>> My zaptel.conf looks like this:
>>
>> ; incoming
>> group = 1
>> signalling=pri_cpe
>> context=from-zaptel
>> channel => 1-15
>> channel => 17-21
>>
>> ; outgoing
>> group = 2
>>

> context = hangup-calls
>

>> signalling=pri_cpe
>> channel => 22-28
>>
>> ; emergency
>> group = 3
>>

> ; keeping your convention and writing the directive explicitly,
> ; although it is kept implicitly from previous channel:
> context = hangup-calls
>

>> signalling=pri_cpe
>> channel => 29-31
>>

> and then in extensions.conf:
>
> [hangup-calls]
> ; not sure that this is precisly the right thing to do:
> exten => s,1,Hangup

This is a solution I was thinking about too, but there is one major problem:

When there is a outgoing call, asterisk takes the first available
channel, in case there are no active calls this is Zap/22 for outgoing
calls in my configuration. If there is a incoming call immediatly after
the outgoing call is hangup, asterisk (or the telco?) does not take the
first available channel - which would be Zap/1 - it takes Zap/22
instead. So with this solution this incoming call would get lost even
when there are no other incoming calls at all.