[asterisk-users] software bloat - is this really useful to anyone?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Jul 30 17:25:16 CDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 05:42:52PM -0400, Jon Pounder wrote:
> Quoting Lee Howard <faxguy at howardsilvan.com>:
>
> > http://www.asterisk.org/node/48327
> >
> > I mean, really... you're kidding me, right?
>
> I have to agree, there comes a time when someone has to say no to
> stuff that has no business being in production software.
>
> Remember when an o/s fit on a floppy with room to spare (and not just
> the bootstrap to load the real o/s)

OT:

Still fits on a floppy, basically:

http://leaf.sourceforge.net/

If you look well enough you'll find Asterisk packages (e.g: in the
"contrib" for Bering uClibc). But that asterisk.lrp doesn't fit in a
floppy anymore.

OTOH: /usr/sbin/asterisk depends on libopenh323 . Now this *is* bloat.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com