[asterisk-users] outbound caller ID

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Mon Jul 30 16:02:19 CDT 2007

Am Montag, den 30.07.2007, 05:24 -0700 schrieb Vieri:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if one can set the outgoing
> caller ID within Asterisk when calls are going out
> through:
>
> 1) an analog POTS line (I suppose not)
> 2) a telco BRI line (I don't think so)
> 3) a telco PRI line (maybe)
> 4) a voip provider (surely)

1) No
2) Depends. In some ISDN networks you can pay for an additional feature
"CLI not screened" or similar, which means the number sent will not be
"corrected" by the telco switching equipment if an "invalid" number is
sent. AFAIK standard ISDN lines do not allow to send a number that is
not connected to the line in question.
3) AFAIK same for ISDN PRIs.
4) Depends. Some allow sending any number, some always send "your"
number and do not even allow to bar the number.

sipgate.de for example allow to send any German regular number (or any
number that looks like a valid number), but blocks special (0800, 0900,
112) numbers.

BR
Anselm