[asterisk-users] Queues with logged in agents that are not reachable

James FitzGibbon james.fitzgibbon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 08:13:54 CDT 2007

On 7/30/07, voiplist <gotvoip at gmail.com> wrote:

> I noticed that if I have an agent logged in using AgentCallBackLogin
> and that agent is unreachable for some reason (SIP phone unplugged)
> calls to him/her will completely yack.
>
> For example:
>
> 1-Agent 500 is the only one logged into queue number 1.
> 2-A call comes into queue number 1
> 3-The call is pushed to agent 500 at extension 21 which is unreachable
> because the ethernet cable is unplugged to extension 21's handset.
> 4-The caller gets hungup on entirely instead of the call going to
> another agent or leaving the caller in the queue
>
> I don't expect this to happen but I want to be sure all bases are
> covered on light days during shift changes etc.

This is either a problem with your dialplan or your  queue configuration.
If you always want your callers to enqueue regardless of agent status, make
sure that joinempty=yes and leavewhenempty=no in queues.conf for that
queue.  You may also want to add a

exten => whatever,n,NoOp(${QUEUESTATUS})

right after your call to Queue() to see why the calls are leaving the
dialplan.  I suspect that you've got one or the other of those settings not
set properly, so when there are no available agents, your calls exit the
Queue() application with $QUEUESTATUS set to "JOINEMPTY" or "LEAVEEMPTY",
but you don't have anything in your dialplan following Queue(), so they run
off the end of the extension and * hangs up on them.

Note that there is a problem with 1.4.9 that breaks
joinempty=yes/leavewhenempty=no - there's a patch offered to my bug report (
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=10320), but due to other strange
instability observed in 1.4.8 and 1.4.9, I'm back on 1.47.1, so I haven't
tested it yet.

--
j.