[asterisk-users] CallerID from POTS to SIP

astuser at braingia.org astuser at braingia.org
Sun Jul 29 10:09:00 CDT 2007

Thanks for the reply.  Yep, the telco is providing the callerid since
it's getting into the asterisk call database just fine, in all cases.

It appears that the telco has changed the cadence for the distinctive
ring again.  I modified the dring contexts to handle a 0,0,0 dring and
now callerid appears to make it through to the phones, sometimes.

I'm therefore led to believe that there is weird behavior around
distinctive ring and the passing of CID.  I can only assume that if an
exact matching dring context isn't found and it goes to [default] then
callerid isn't passed out but still is logged, which is just wonky to
me.