[asterisk-users] CONSOLE=Phone/phone0 and CONSOLE=Console/dsp and Zap/g2

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 28 03:38:28 CDT 2007

Dear Jared;

Thanks a lot for your kindly answer.

Yes, but what does it mean:
Phone/phone0 and Consol/dsp?

Regards
Bilal
On Fri, 2007-07-27 at 06:46 -0700, bilal ghayyad
wrote:
> What the following mean:
>
> CONSOLE=Phone/phone0
> CONSOLE=Console/dsp
> TRUNK=Zap/g2

These are global variables as defined in the [global]
section of
extensions.conf.  They're simply variables that can be
used later on in
your dialplan.

> I know SIP/John and Zap/1 but I do not know above (I
> do not know also the difference between Zap/2 and
> Zap/g2)?

The "g" in is case is the syntax for telling Asterisk
to dial out on a
group of channels, not on an individual channel.  (See
the group=
setting in zapata.conf.)

The "g" option tells Asterisk to dial out on the
lowest-numbered
available channel in that channel group.  You could
also use:

 G - dial out on the highest-numbered available
channel in the group.
 r - dial out on the lowest-numbered available channel
in the group,
 but
remember where we left off last time, and start back
there when
searching for a channel next time (round-robin)
 R - round-robin, highest to lowest

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager