[asterisk-users] Locking a device to a codec

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 13:59:05 CDT 2007

Right.. what I'm asking is:

If I set my PAP2T to use G723 or G729.... outgoing calls from that
device go in that format.
However, incoming calls to the device from asterisk are running at
G711u.  The PBX will access any format G711u, G723, G729 or GSM.
What do I need to do to make asterisk use the same codec back to the
ATA as it is using to the PBX?