[asterisk-users] Telco Testing locks up asterisk

Barton Fisher bhfisher at icpage.com
Fri Jul 27 08:33:10 CDT 2007

Over the last week we've been having issues on our Telco provided TDM T1
with the circuit bouncing for several seconds and restoring itself back
into service. The T1 is using a TE410P. On the CLI, I see message that
span 1 is yellow alarm, then restoring.

I reported this problem to the phone company.  Afterwards, they do
several circuit tests to the NIU and then to the CSU.  At the point they
do the pattern test to the CSU, Asterisk will lock up after about 5
seconds of patterns. The only thing left to do is reboot.

The lock up can be reproduce with a T1 test set and it happens every
time.  I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior? And if there
is a fix to keep it from happening?

I'm using asterisk-1.2.18 &  zaptel-1.2.17.1

TIA

Bart