[asterisk-users] Need help with inbound IAX

Patrick Buller pbuller at deerplain.com
Thu Jul 26 21:31:50 CDT 2007

I have just started working with Asterisk and have run into a road block
concerning IAX and an inbound DID from callwithus.com. I am getting
nowhere and I don't really know how to isolate the problem. The asterisk
version is 1.2.7 on ubuntu, sits behind a firewall with iptables. I can
connect and make a call to other internal extensions using zoiper and
iax. When I try and use the number, I do not see any traffic on the
firewall from the provider, so I think it is config string I have put in
at callwithus, but I have tried so many things anymore, I am not sure
anymore. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Patrick

I have the following rules on the firewall:
-A FORWARD -p udp -m udp --dport 4569 -j ACCEPT
-A PREROUTING -i eth2 -p udp -m udp --dport 4569 -j DNAT
--to-destination 192.168.1.2

I have similar rules for port 25 and 80 that work.

On the asterisk machine, iax.conf looks like:
[general]
bandwidth=low
disallow=lpc10
jitterbuffer=no
forcejitterbuffer=no
tos=lowdelay
autokill=yes

register => 45*****:12**@callwithus.com

[iaxin]
type=friend
context=iax-inbound
username=iaxin
secret=easypass
qualify=no
host=callwithus.com

in extensions.conf:
[iax-inbound]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,2,Playback(hello-world)
exten => s,3,Hangup()

This is what callwithus is supposed to forward the call to:
IAX/iaxin:easypass at myserver.com/s at iax-inbound