[asterisk-users] Queue stats

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Thu Jul 26 10:00:38 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 09:37 -0500, Jay Moore wrote:
> My boss would like some statistics on how many calls are answered out of
> specific queues during a given time period, and I'm not sure how exactly
> to obtain those stats.

It sounds like you've got quite the queue setup (although I don't quite
see why your calls jump out and back into the moh queue).  All the of
queue statistics you need should be available with careful parsing of
the queue log (usually located in /var/log/asterisk/queue_log).  You can
also trigger custom queue log events from the dialplan by calling the
QueueLog() application.  In your case, you might want to add a custom
queue log entry every time the caller rejoins the moh queue, saying
something to the effect of "Caller XYZ has rejoined the moh queue for
the 10th time" or something like that.

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager