[asterisk-users] IAX2 INBAND DTMF?

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Thu Jul 26 09:47:10 CDT 2007

Matt wrote:
>> I can think of no reason to ever need to do this.
>
> You must not peer with Level3, or with anyone who peers with Level3 via IAX :)

Why would anyone want to send traffic/calls to Level3?  A search of the
mailing list archives is all that is needed to know that. 8-)

I didn't think that Level3 supported IAX connections.  If you are using
an ITSP that uses Level3, I would hope the ITSP would be using inband
DTMF on SIP for their connection to Level3.

In any case, that might be a reason, but I don't know if it is a *good*
reason. 8-)