[asterisk-users] IAX connections broken

Michael Munger michael at highpoweredhelp.com
Thu Jul 26 08:43:21 CDT 2007

Dear All:

I have several boxes that up and running just great, then we changed
internet equipment due to a lightning strike, now all my inbound IAX
connections (iax2 show peers) have unknown status. If I log into the
remote boxes, it says "Request sent."

The authentications haven't changed at all, and all the iax.conf
settings are correct. It looks like a firewall issue, but we've got 4569
TCP & UDP forwarded to our Asterisk box. When I use Shields up from
GRC.com to test the port, it is showing up as "closed" rather than open,
which normally means the port is open, but the service is not running,
yet Asterisk is up and running just fine, and my outbound connections to
Voicepulse work fine. I see voicepulse, voicepulse sees me.

There is something I am not seeing here. Any thoughts?

-Michael