[asterisk-users] IAX2 INBAND DTMF?

David Boyd dboyd at ignitetrx.com
Thu Jul 26 07:23:01 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 13:02 -0500, Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:
> Short Answer: No.
>
> Long Answer: Maybe.  If you can get your device to send inband DTMF and
> tell Asterisk you are using INFO or RFC2833 DTMF, then Asterisk should
> just pass the DTMF as audio.  Then if the call goes via IAX2 it should
> be inband.  This is an ungly hack, should not be supported in any way
> and if it works just count your blessings.
>
> I can think of no reason to ever need to do this.
>
> Matt wrote:
> > Is it possible to make Asterisk do inband DTMF over IAX?
Snip---

Ok, I am confused. Are you saying that if I use an IAX2 inter machine
trunk from one asterisk box to another, and terminate a call over the
pstn to a voicemail system or other type of IVR, IAX2 will regenerate
the DTMF tones that were originated  from the original callers phone? I
thought the original posting said that the IAXy device was failing to
pass DTMF through to the termination side of the call.  What have I
missed?

 Dave