[asterisk-users] What is the best softphone work with Asterisk

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Thu Jul 26 04:06:32 CDT 2007

Am Mittwoch, den 25.07.2007, 12:13 -0700 schrieb bilal ghayyad:
> Hi BaharatSamaria;
>
> Thanks for your kindly email.
>
> Are (Xlite and phoner) IAX or SIP? From where I can
> download them (Xlite and phoner)?

I googled for "xlite". One of the first matches was a wiki page on
voip-info.org, which in turn linked me to the X-Lite manufacturer's
homepage. <quote>
CounterPath's X-Lite 3.0 is the market's leading free SIP based
softphone available for download.
</quote>.

The first link in the google search list for "phoner" immediately led me
to the phoner homepage, <quote>
- VoIP support for SIP connections
Phoner is freeware, so this program can be used and distributed without
any restrictions. Distribution has to be free of charge.
</quote>

I think you will have no trouble to find the URIs yourself, probably
within about 30 seconds. In doubt you might consult
http://www.googleguide.com/ to learn about google.

Anselm