[asterisk-users] Add prefix digits in dialplan extention

satish patel satish_patel_2000_2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 00:55:38 CDT 2007

I want unified Dialing i have both Type of PBX asterisk and avaya now i want to dial from avaya to asterik with 4 digits extention and from asterisk to avaya 4 digits extention

          But thing is that i have already asterisk runing with 2 digits extention and i dont want to change any 2 digit extention so i want to want someing trick like when i dial XX72 from astersik SIP phone automaticaly remove 2 digits and forward call to 72 extention got my point

      hey u have any idea about avaya dialplan attern and mapping i have avaya definity system and i dial call from avaya to asterik yse 07XX  07 is my trunk selection digit so can i map this 2 digits with single one digits is there nay configuration in avaya have u idea ???

dave cantera <david.cantera at iacnet.net> wrote: satish,
please clarify...
do you want people to dial 1171 on the avaya system to get to you?
do you want people to dial 1171 on the * box to get to you?
do you want people to dial 71 on either box to get to you?
daveC

satish patel wrote:
> Dear all
>
>                  I have asterisk 1.2 configuration and it is working
> fine but thing is that i have alread Avaya setup and i have intergrate
> my Linuxbox asterik with Avaya system avaya already use 4 digit
> dialplan (1644 example ) and in asterisk i have configure 2 digit
> dialplan ( 44  example ) now i want to configure 4 digit dialplan in
> asterik without any change in avaya or asterisk so can i configure
> dialplan like i use prefix 11 automatically dial and add 2 digit in my
> local extention
>
> Example
>
>  My extention nuber is 71 now whn ppl want to make a call me they will
> dial 71 and i will pickup the phone but now i want to add 2 more digit
> in prefix like 1171 when ppl dial 1171 and i pickup the call and
> talking is it possible in dialplan extention.conf
>
> Rgd
> satish patel

> Get the Yahoo! toolbar and be alerted to new email
> wherever
> you're surfing.

My wife's sister is in California.
I should buy her a Videophone2008!

Truly, The Next Best Thing to Being There!
--

WorldWideVideoPhones.com
856.380.0894