[asterisk-users] X100P pass through questions

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Wed Jul 25 15:49:50 CDT 2007

John Novack wrote:

> Mike Wright wrote:
>
>>Just purchased a Motorola Wildcard X100P ...
>>but the button pressed generates no tone; on button release dialtone returns.
>>

> Sure sounds like polarity reversal.

Indeed it was.  Punch block in the basement had tip and ring reversed.
Probably been that way for thirty years.  Amazing that the dsl installer
that replaced the inside wiring didn't catch it.

For years I've had intermittent problems using IVR.  Some phones would
work, some would not.  Now I know why.

Thanks to John Novack and Eric "ManxPower" Wieling for your help.