[asterisk-users] help with mfcr2 and pri

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 09:32:58 CDT 2007

Hi,
While I wait for my unresponsive telco to provide some assistance, can
you provide some configuration details for the following config?
Sangoma 102 (dual E1) card
Location: Panama, Central America
Telco: Cable & Wireless Panama
Lastest stable asterisk 1.2.x compiled from sources
Site A in one office
Site B is another office in another town

When I asked the telco about using CAS or CCS and CRC4 or NCRC4 the
technician said: what? im not sure what you mean.

Normally it should be CAS/NCRC4 with an E1 MFCR2 right?
and
CCS/NCRC4 with Euro ISDN PRI on E1 right?

What stream are you going to use (structured/unstructured)
structured G 703; TS 16: Signalling

Line core (HDB3/AMI)
HDB-3

Leased line length (wireline of G703 trunk)
G.SDHSL

Channel level protocol(Site a)
MFC-R2

Channel level protocol(Site b)
Euro ISDN PRI

How should I configure my sangoma with this settings?
zaptel and zapata?
what of the many unicall downloadables should I use?
any other questions I should ask to my telco?

Thanks,