[asterisk-users] What is the best softphone work with Asterisk

Jim Archer jim at archer.net
Tue Jul 24 18:40:45 CDT 2007

I tried several and had very poor luck with each I tried.   These included
IaxComm, IaxComm Pro, Diax and Firefly II.  Also, One other one from I
think Germany that had just changed it's name.  All of these had issues.  I
could not get Firefly configured at all to talk to Asterisk.  Diax, when
the user places a call, just keeps ringing even when the person answered.
Both IaxComms would crash.  I'm sure there is one out there but I have not
found it, although I have not yet tried the SIP soft phones.

--On Tuesday, July 24, 2007 2:09 PM -0700 bilal ghayyad