[asterisk-users] Testers needed for VoIP router solution

Robert Augustyn robert.augustyn at comtrexinc.com
Tue Jul 24 16:19:17 CDT 2007

Hi all,
We have put together a firmware for a range of inexpensive routers.
It has been configured to provide optimum VoIP performance.
We have internally tested it for number of months and it looks very good.
You should be able to run it easily with 20+  phones on local network ( we
still did not hit the upper limit ) assuming that you have bandwidth.
Your VoIP will get prioritized over other types of traffic.
You should be able to talk, download files and run torrents at the same time
with no visible degradation of the VoIP voice quality.
It will be delivered ready to upload with all your configurations, which you
will have to provide to us.
We will custom build firmware for your configuration.
We just ask you to upload it, test it and provide feedback.

If you are interested ( sorry only first 10 will be accepted ) please
contact me at firmware at linqone dot com and we will send you the set of
questions we need you to answer before we can build a solution for you.
Thanks,

 This firmware will work on:

*	Linksys WRT54G v1-v4, WRT54GS v1-v4,
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&tag=jon002&index=blended&linkCode=u
r2&camp=1789&creative=9325&keywords=linksys%20wrt> WRT54GL v1.x,
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&tag=jon002&index=blended&linkCode=u
r2&camp=1789&creative=9325&keywords=linksys%20wrtsl54gs> WRTSL54GS (no USB
support)

*	Buffalo
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&tag=jon002&index=blended&linkCode=u
r2&camp=1789&creative=9325&keywords=buffalo%20whr> WHR-G54S,
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&tag=jon002&index=blended&linkCode=u
r2&camp=1789&creative=9325&keywords=buffalo%20whr> WHR-HP-G54, WZR-G54,
WBR2-G54

*	Asus
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&tag=jon002&index=blended&linkCode=u
r2&camp=1789&creative=9325&keywords=asus%20wl500g%20premium> WL500G Premium
(no USB support)

This will not work on Linksys WRT54G/GS v5-v7 or newer WRT54G/GS routers.

If you do not have any of the above routers you can get one for UNDER $40
shipped at:

<http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/Search.do?c=1&context=&keyword=Buffalo+WHR-G
54S&searchSection=All&go.x=11&go.y=10>
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/Search.do?c=1&context=&keyword=Buffalo+WHR-G5
4S&searchSection=All&go.x=11&go.y=10

How do I find my Linksys WRT54G/WRT54GS/WRT54GL's version?
Look at the bottom side of the router to check for the version number, or
compare the first 4 characters of the serial number with the following list:

CDF0/CDF1 = WRT54G v1.0
CDF2/CDF3 = WRT54G v1.1
CDF5 = WRT54G v2.0
CDF7 = WRT54G v2.2
CDF8 = WRT54G v3.0
CDF9 = WRT54G v3.1
CDFA = WRT54G v4.0

CGN0/CGN1 = WRT54GS v1.0
CGN2 = WRT54GS v1.1
CGN3 = WRT54GS v2.0
CGN4 = WRT54GS v2.1
CGN5 = WRT54GS v3.0
CGN6 = WRT54GS v4.0

CL7A = WRT54GL v1.0
CL7B = WRT54GL v1.1

If it's not listed above, and it's not a WRT54GL, it's not supported.

Sincerely,
Robert Augustyn

This firmware is provided as-is without any warranty. I will NOT be
responsible for damages that occur due to the use of this firmware. USE AT
YOUR OWN RISK.