[asterisk-users] rxFAX core dumps

ggonzalez at telviso.com.ar ggonzalez at telviso.com.ar
Tue Jul 24 15:02:17 CDT 2007

Hi Everyone...

I am running Asterisk 1.2.22 on Debian "Etch".  I installed it from
sources.  I have also installed tiff-v3.6.0, spandsp-0.0.3. and downloaded
http://soft-switch.org/downloads/snapshots/spandsp/test-apps-asterisk-1.2/app_rxfax.c
http://soft-switch.org/downloads/snapshots/spandsp/test-apps-asterisk-1.2/app_txfax.c
and a Digium TDM card with 4 FXO ports

When my dialplan send an incoming call from ZAP channel to sendme a fax using
RxFAX, this application core dump and crashes asterisk. But When I test
RxFax from a sip phone works fine. For this I tuned zapata.conf disabling
both:
;faxdetect=incoming
;faxdetect=outgoing

And I changed the 'fax' extension by 'elsefaxext'. Again no works and RxFAX
application core dumps. I switch many versions of tiff and spandsp libraries
and does not work.

I have a hungup detection problem too. This issue can affect fax handling?. To
solve this problem I set this on zapata for each channel:
busydetect=yes
busycount=10
busypattern=500,500
hanguponpolarityswitch=yes
callprogress=yes

But does not work and while a caller hangs asterisk continue playing greetings
or whatever.

Can someone give me a hint as to how to solve this or else point me at
some docs?

Thanks very much.