[asterisk-users] Dialplan

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Tue Jul 24 12:09:45 CDT 2007

Am Montag, den 23.07.2007, 14:33 -0400 schrieb Matt:
> Hi,
> What dialplan option do I need to send a call out like this:
>
> NPA-NXX-xxxx local calls
> 1-NPA-NXX-xxxx - long distance
>
> Won't 'national' send it out NPA-NXX-xxxx no matter if it's long
> distance or not?

I do not understand your point here. If the user dials 1-212-5551212,
you could send out exactly that string, as in
exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@provider)

and if she dials 617-1234567, similarly.

Or do you wish Asterisk to magically remove the leading "1", but only
for two or three area codes, because in that case the calls will be
charged as "local calls"? In that case, you might require your users to
_always_ dial the leading "1" and get away with something like

exten => _1617XXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@provider)
exten => _1857XXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@provider)
exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@provider)

(assuming 617 and 857 are local area codes)

ymmv, and the documentation about pattern in dialplans
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+config
+extensions.conf
should be the next text you read, probably.

If this is not what you want, please describe your idea.

BR
Anselm (who never owned a landline in the NANP...)