[asterisk-users] Upgrade Procedure

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Tue Jul 24 12:01:28 CDT 2007

Am Montag, den 23.07.2007, 16:21 -0400 schrieb Michael J. Liberatore:
> I noticed in 1.4.x I can no longer use n+101 ?  I use this all over my
> dial plan and wouldn't even know how to replace it.  Like when trying to
> call out and a channel is busy, would I need to do all if then's???  How
> can I upgrade and keep n+101?

Please read the documentation, for example at
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+Dial

(other commands can be found linked from
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+-+documentation+of
+application+commands
)

There is an additional option you will have to set to the Dial() to
restore the "jump to n+101" behaviour, named "j". So you would for
example change

exten=>123,4,Dial(SIP/sip123,30,w)

exten=>123,4,Dial(SIP/sip123,30,jw)

Other commands may also feature such an option, if appropriate - should
be found easily in voip-info.

I _think_ there is also a kind of global option to restore the n+101
behaviour for the entire dialplan (instead of defaulting to setting
variables), actually
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+Dialplan+General
might be your best friend there.

HTH