[asterisk-users] Wake-Up Call didn't work

James FitzGibbon james.fitzgibbon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 07:55:26 CDT 2007

On 7/24/07, Asterisk guy <asteriskstar at gmail.com> wrote:

>  -- Attempting call on Local/6009 at default for application MusicOnHold()
> (Retry 1)
>
> Jul 24 08:23:17 NOTICE[21177]: chan_local.c:479 local_alloc: No such
> extension/context 6009 at default creating local channel
>
> Jul 24 08:23:17 NOTICE[21177]: channel.c:2409 __ast_request_and_dial:
> Unable to request channel Local/6009 at default
>

> ( but i have a extension 6009 login to * ) ,  what is the problem?

Regardless of what endpoints you may have registering to your *, your
dialplan does not allow that endpoint to be reached via extension 6009 in
the 'default' context.

Look at the file that gets put in outgoing (comment out the "rename" in the
AGI script so it stays in /tmp".  Then go read up on call files on the Wiki:

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+auto-dial+out

Calls generated by call files need to have a starting point and a
destination.  The starting point for stuff like this is typically a "Local"
channel, and the destination is either a context/extension/priority or an
application with arguments.  Either your starting point or your destination
is invalid.

IMO, skip the AGI for now.  Get the file that your AGI is writting to /tmp
and make a copy of it.  Modify the copy, then move it to the outgoing dir
and see what happens.  If it doesn't work, make more changes.  Without
seeing your dialplan or the callfile, we can't diagnose your problem, but
the error messages are pretty informative as to what asterisk was trying to
do.  Once you've successfully generated a call manually, then go back to
having your AGI try to generate them automatically.

--
j.