[asterisk-users] CallerID from POTS to SIP

astuser at braingia.org astuser at braingia.org
Mon Jul 23 22:47:41 CDT 2007

Hello,

I'm having some trouble getting callerid to work through a distinctive ring
line.  Specifically, I'm having a problem getting the callerid to pass from
an AT&T POTS line connected to a TDM400P to SIP phones, both hard phones
and soft phones.

What leads me to believe that it's a problem with the distinctive ring line
is that I have another AT&T POTS line connected to the same asterisk
instance, through the same TDM400P, and the callerid gets passed to those
same SIP phones just fine for that line.

For both lines I can definitely see the callerid being reported correctly
in /var/log/asterisk/cdr-custom/Master.csv.  It's just not getting passed
through to the sip clients for the incoming line with distinctive ring.
For those lines it shows up as "asterisk".

I'm using Asterisk from SVN due to a patch for distinctive ring, to make it
work a little better with the inconsistent ring patterns sent by the telco.

In zapata.conf, I have these callerid options for the incoming channels:
hidecallerid=no
usecallerid=yes

I also added:
callerid=asreceived
sendcalleridafter=2

Within the context in extensions.conf, I have:
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/gxp3,20|o)

I'm confused as to why it works for the one line (without dring) and not
for the line with it.  The distinctive ring is the only difference I can
see between the lines but then I'm confused as to why the callerid is being
logged correctly but not sent to the SIP phones, regardless of which line
it's on.

Any help that anyone can provide is appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Steve