[asterisk-users] IMAP and ODBC voicemail storage

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Mon Jul 23 14:16:26 CDT 2007

2007/7/23, Russell Bryant <russell at digium.com>:

> > 3. Let's say you're browsing your incoming emails with your favorite
> > email client. You've got some voicemails among them but you don't want
> > to disturb your neighbours listing to them with your PC speakers. How
> > would you forward the voicemail audio files to your desktop phone ?
> > Calling your own voicemail is an obvious way to listen to those files
> > but I'm wondering if there is a better way to do it
>
> It is by far the easiest way.  You may have to be more specific as to what
> behavior you are looking for.  I presume it could be done with some sort
> of
> "click-to-dial" development and special links in the voicemail email
> messages.

If my memory serves me right, Cycos Outlook plugin offers such mechanism :
from Outlook, you could make your phone ring and listen to the audio file !
I don't really remember if one would rate the whole process as simpler or
more natural than picking the handset and dialing the voicemail number.

Anyway, I fully agree with you that's now a matter of email client
customization capabilities, not a matter of Asterisk capabilities.

regards