[asterisk-users] IAX Encryption

Matthew Brothers matthew at brothersfamily.net
Mon Jul 23 09:53:17 CDT 2007

I am playing around with IAX encryption and have had good success.
I read somewhere, that trunked packets are not encrypted.  Does
anybody know if this means the trunk packets themselves are not
encrypted but the voice frames in them are encrypted or does this
mean that if you are using trunking then encryption of the voice
frames will not occur.  I have used Wireshark to sniff the packets
and it looks like the encryption is being setup normally when
trunking is enabled.  I just can't tell if the voice frame within
the trunked packet is encrypted.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matthew Brothers