[asterisk-users] Can Asterisk hear on two IP addresses? And can I do

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 23 01:38:45 CDT 2007

Dear Alex;

Thanks for your kindly help and answer.

The question here is: how asterisk will be able to
receive calls at two network cards where each network
card has a different IP address.

Maybe we need to know if asterisk is doing a hear on
the ports only without caring for IP or it is doing a
hear only on the IP:port?

Any advise?

Bilal,

There is no technical difference, from Asterisk's
point of view,
 between
bridging call legs from two different subnets that
have local
 interfaces
versus bridging call legs from two foreign IP
destinations.  As long as
they are routable and reachable, they can be
connected.  So, I think
 the
short answer to your question is yes, provided I'm
understanding it
correctly.

Thanks,

--