[asterisk-users] extension.conf doesn't reload?

Devraj Mukherjee devraj at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 00:08:39 CDT 2007

Hey Bruce,

Thanks for your prompt response. Your suggestion lead to me finding
out that the dialplan module was not loaded.

I investigated this further and found out that
/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf was looking in /usr/lib/asterisk for
modules. My machine is running 64bit CentOS and has all the modules in
/usr/lib64/asterisk

I modified /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf to look for modules in that
directory and everything works just fine.

Thanks again.

On 7/23/07, Bruce Ferrell <bferrell at baywinds.org> wrote:

> Devraj Mukherjee wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have just installed Asterisk 1.4.6 on CentOS 5. When I issues the
> > reload command in the asterisk command prompt, it doesn't seem to read
> > my configuration files. Any suggestions?
> >
> > pbx*CLI> reload
> > The 'reload' command is deprecated and will be removed in a future
> > release. Please use 'module reload' instead.
> >   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/cdr.conf': Found
> > [Jul 23 14:14:54] NOTICE[28392]: cdr.c:1359 do_reload: CDR simple
> > logging enabled.
> >   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/dnsmgr.conf': Found
> >   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/manager.conf': Found
> >   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/rtp.conf': Found
> >   == RTP Allocating from port range 10000 -> 20000
> >   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/http.conf': Found
> >

> Try dialplan reload

"I never look back darling, it distracts from the now", Edna Mode (The
Incredibles)