[asterisk-users] CAS signalling and FAX solution

Kevin Withnall kevin at ilb.com.au
Sun Jul 22 21:28:35 CDT 2007

I am trying to solve the fax problem by installing an E1 channelbank
(Megaplex MP-104)

It's a box that has 8 x FXS ports and a single E1 port.

The plan was to use one of my 4 E1 ports to connect to the Telstra
onramp and one to the MP104. I have since discovered however that the
MP104 only supports CAS signalling and I am having trouble getting
asterisk to work in this mode.

Currently we have
Onramp (Australian PRI) ---- port 1 of T410P --- asterisk --- port 2 or
T410P --- MP104

In zaptel.conf I have
span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16

span=2,0,0,cas,hdb3
cas=32-46:1101
cas=48-62:1101

And this seems to not complain. Some examples ive found on the net have
a dchan=47 but I then get a HDLC error from ztcfg

In zapata.conf I have group 0 (its working so I won't list it here)
And for group 1

group=1
context=from-group1
pridialplan=local
signalling=em_e1
overlapdial=yes
callerid=asreceived
;channel => 32-39
cas:32-46, 48-62

When I have the channel options in there, it fails to load chan_zap.so
with an error.

The signalling I would have assumed should be pri_net as I want to
supply clock etc but on trying it, the outcome is the same.

Either way, I cannot get the MP104 to connect. I CAN however get it to
stop reporting errors on its console but I cann't seem to address it
from asterisk. When I dial(zap/32/1234) it just goes out g0 and not over
the channel ive requested.

If anyone has done anything similar, I would really appreciate sample
configs or pointing in the right direction.

Thanks.

--
Kevin Withnall http://kevin.withnall.com/
ILB Computing http://www.ilb.com.au