[asterisk-users] Debian etch and web voice mail - how to configure it?

Jim Archer jim at archer.net
Sun Jul 22 11:45:21 CDT 2007

Hi Everyone...

I am running Asterisk 1.2.13 on Debian "Etch".  I installed it from the
package.  I also installed the web voice mail package, which installed
Apache2 and a bunch of other stuff.

When I point my browser at my PBX machine, the web page says "It Works!"
but of course it does not.  It does not seem that Apache is configured to
run the vmail.cgi script.  In the docs directory there is just the change
log and googling it has not helped.

Can someone give me a hint as to how to configure this or else point me at
some docs?

Thanks very much.