[asterisk-users] Has anybody used fanless computers of logic supply with asterisk?

Darrick Hartman (lists) dhartman at djhsolutions.com
Sun Jul 22 02:49:43 CDT 2007

Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:
> Darrick, can you tell which mini-itx board you have and what processor
> it has on it? I don't them with Pentium processors, instead they have
> some VIA C3 and C7 processors, which are completely new to me and I have
> no idea how will they perform with Asterisk.

I have a VIA C3 (PD10000) system that I've been using for a few years.
The C3 is a processor that started with Cyrix.  VIA bought them out.
The C7 processor is the successor to the C3.  The C3 was discontinued
because Intel would not renew a license agreement with VIA.  The C7's
have pretty much full i686 compatibility while the C3 is missing a few
of the optimizations (it's fully compatible with i586).

Astlinux has an image built specifically for the VIA boards even with
some support for the Padlock feature (hardware crypto engine).

These systems have performed quite well.  They are low power and compact.

Not sure what else you need to know.
--
Darrick Hartman
DJH Solutions, LLC