[asterisk-users] Asterisk IVR Performance

satish patel satish_patel_2000_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 21 04:07:03 CDT 2007

I am also planning for IVR so u have any kind of script plz suggest me

David Ruggles <david at safedatausa.com> wrote: I have written a script that is executed using ExternalIVR(). I am running
in to performance issues when I have four or more simultaneous calls running
this script. I'm running on a P4 2.8 with 512M, all calls are GSM coming in
over IAX from an asterisk box that acts as a switch and handles all PSTN
interfaces.

My question are these:

Are there ways of optimizing ExternalIVRs? (maybe something like FastAGI)
Right now I'm writing in a scripting language, would there be a performance
gain from writing in a compiled language? I don't see any serious memory
utilization and normally processor utilization is below 50% with spikes to
70% under load with four or five ExternalIVRs running.

I will gladly provide any additional information that would aid in answering
these questions.

Thanks,

David Ruggles
CCNA MCSE (NT) CNA A+