[asterisk-users] POE injector

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 23:39:01 CDT 2007

> I'm looking for 24 or 48 port IEEE802.3af POE injector.
> Any recommendation?

Yes.  For the price of one of those multi-port injectors, you can come
close to the price of a new Netgear or 3Com PoE switch.  The injectors
typically add power to the unused pairs (mode B PoE).  This means you
can't use them on anything better than fastethernet.  When switches do
PoE natively, they put the power on the data carrying pairs (mode A
PoE), so they can do gigabit ethernet.  I think PowerDsine makes a PoE
injector that uses mode A, and so it can do gigabit ethernet.

- Noah