No subject

Thu Jul 12 09:23:04 CDT 2007

asterisk.  If asterisk fails, it will automatically fail the PRI over
to your backup machine.  Can you manually force the failover?  I think
so, but I'm not positive.  You can ask the failsafevoip people
directly.  I've exchanged emails with them before and they are
knowledgeable and responsive.

> It would be nice to have a way to gracefully switch boxes, e.g. all new
> calls to the backup box, wait until all calls on the primary normally end,
> and then take server down for an upgrade.

If you're using heartbeat, and it's directly monitoring the asterisk
process, you should be able to issue a "stop gracefully" command.
That will bring asterisk down when all the calls are complete.  Then,
heartbeat should fail over to the other machine.  Of course, if
someone is on a long call and you've already issued a "stop
gracefully" command, your "asterisk cluster" won't accept any new
calls until that long call is finished.

- Noah