[asterisk-users] Which IP Phones will work with non-Asterisk PBX systems too?

Tim Koehler digiumlist at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 20 09:06:19 CDT 2007

Hi,

how compatible a phone is to a specific phone system also depends from the
required feature set. Basic call should work between most phones and
systems.

If you're interested on snom interoperability I would like to point your
attention to the following page:

http://webcms.snom.com/wiki/index.php/Interoperability

Regards

Tim

On 7/20/07, Zeeshan Zakaria <zishanov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> One of my customers wants to buy IP Phones and Asterisk solution, but his
> requirement is if he'll not be happy with Asterisk, his phones should be
> able to work with other IP PBX systems as well, so that he doesn't have to
> buy new phones again. After all IP Phones is the main investment. He'll most
> probably go with Nortel IP PBX system if he'll be not satisfied with an
> asterisk system.
>
> Experienced folks among you, please advise which phones to offer him,
> Aastra, Polycom, Snom, or some other.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Zeeshan A Zakaria