[asterisk-users] Upgrade Procedure

Keshav K. kesh.keshav at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 20 03:05:29 CDT 2007

You have to first uninstall your Asterisk1.2 like this--

First you have to stop your asterisk...using--

1. killall -9 asterisk or killall -9 safe_asterisk, whichever you are using.

2. After that you have to remove the zaptel driver.
For that just run this command and see which are running--

# lsmod | grep zaptel
this will show few outputs like this--

zaptel                213028  4 zttranscode,ztdummy
crc_ccitt               2113  1 zaptel

Remove all this as ..

modprobe -r zaptel
modprobe -r zttranscode
            .
            .
            .
            .

After removing all, again run  lsmod | grep zaptel,  and you will see nothing.

then make clean , all the packages, asterisk, zaptel, and libpri.

Then delete the following files, and directory
    1. /etc/zapata.conf
    2. /etc/asterisk
    3./var/lib/asterisk
    4./usr/lib/asterisk
    5./var/spool/asterisk
    6./var/log/asterisk

3. After that install your new Asterisk 1.4

first install zaptel----

./configure
make menuselect  (optional)
make
make install

then
Install libpri--

make
make install

In last install Asterisk package--

./configure
make menuselect (optional)
make
make install
make samples

Then start your asterisk , i way you like to it....
asterisk, or asterisk -g,  or sage_asterisk, or asterisk -vvvvvvvc, use any of these , of your choice.

Regards,
Keshav

Nitesh Divecha <nitesh at vipernetworks.com> wrote: Hello All,

I would like to upgrade my recently installed Asterisk 1.2.21.1 to
Asterisk 1.4.8?

My OS is CentOS 4.5 with Linux 2.6.9-55.0.2.plus.c4smp #1 SMP Fri Jul 6
05:25:07 EDT 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Is there any detail step by step procedure to uninstall the current
version and install Asterisk 1.4.8, Zaptel 1.4.4, Libpri 1.4.1, Addons
1.4.2?

Cheers,
Nitesh

Regards,
Kesh
" Lets change the future...lets change the world."