[asterisk-users] Polycom 650 freezing on Transfer

Klaverstyn, David C David.Klaverstyn at intergraph.com
Thu Jul 19 17:34:55 CDT 2007

All,

Has anyone experienced a problem with the Polycom 650 phone freezing
when you try to do a transfer?

I am running asterisk 1.2.20.1 with Polycom SIP version 2.1.1.0052 and
boot rom version 3.2.3.0002.

I have Polycom 501 phones that work perfectly with the same software
versions.  The 650 phone; when I hit transfer the caller is placed on
hold and the phone is still operational.  As soon as I hit a number the
phone it will immediately hang and then reboot.  Instead of trying to
key in a number if I use the KEM for the transfer it works perfectly
fine.  The problem only occurs when I try to enter a number into the
phone and it always freezes on the first digit.