[asterisk-users] Why using usecallerid=no?

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Thu Jul 19 12:28:30 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 13:55 -0300, Paulo Garcia wrote:
> I'm in a discussion and someone ask me in which situation we should
> use the zapata.conf usecallerid set to no. I didn't have the answer.

In the United States, the CallerID information comes as a short modem
tone (FSK data) between the first and second ring.  If you have the
usercallerid setting set to yes, Asterisk will wait until after the
first ring to get the CallerID data, and then pass the call on to the
dialplan.  If you have usercallerid set to no, Asterisk won't wait until
after the first ring to send the call to the dialplan.

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager