[asterisk-users] PRI Card

mail-lists mail-lists at peachnet.com
Thu Jul 19 11:11:58 CDT 2007

Jared Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 11:28 -0400, mail-lists wrote:
>> We're in the process of moving to a PRI circuit for our asterisk switch.
>> Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as PRI Cards are
>> concerned?
>
> You haven't given us many details on your setup, but I'll take a stab at
> answering your question anyway.  For a single-port PRI card, I recommend
> the Digium TE120P card[1].  It can be configured for either T1 (United
> States and Canada), E1 (Europe, South America, and most of the rest of
> the world), or J1 (Japan).  It will work with both channelized T1s as
> well as PRI circuits.  This is a PCI card, and will work in either a 3.3
> volt or 5 volt PCI slot.
>
> [1] http://www.digium.com/en/products/hardware/te120p.php
Jared,

thanks for your reply - Our setup isn't complicated at all - just a PRI
coming into an asterisk box. Maybe you could answer another question for
me - what disadvantages does a PRI have from a channelized T1? or vice
versa.

is the TE205 the double port version of the TE120P?

Also, what's required as far as echo cancellation goes? Is that built
into these cards or do you have to move up to a TE207P?

What is the difference between a TE205 and a TE210?

Sorry about all the qeustions - the info on digiums web site doesn't
really make this clear.