[asterisk-users] New book "Asterisk Cookbook" any good?

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 10:42:53 CDT 2007

On 7/19/07, Jared Smith <jsmith at digium.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 00:30 -0500, Larry Alkoff wrote:
> > I have received mail from Amazon touting this book that will soon be
> > available.
> >
> > Know anything about the book or it's authors?  It's a little pricey.
>
> I have it on good authority that the book has been delayed, since two of
> the authors (and myself) have been busy working on the second edition of
> Asterisk: The Future of Telephony.  Work is progressing on the Cookbook,
> it's just not coming along as quickly as they'd like.
>
> --
> Jared Smith
> Community Relations Manager
> Digium, Inc.

Jared,

  As you know books never come as quickly as they (publishers, etc)
like because what they like is RIGHT NOW! :)

  While I can't speak for everyone I can say that at least a couple of
us have been waiting for some other big projects to finish up before
the big push on The Cookbook.  I'd expect to see activity on the wiki
pick up a bit in the new few weeks:

http://etel.wiki.oreilly.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

--
Kristian Kielhofner