[asterisk-users] G729 copy protection

Bruce McAlister bruce.mcalister at blueface.ie
Thu Jul 19 10:20:40 CDT 2007

Jared Smith wrote:

> I'm probably asking the obvious here, but were you able to successfully
> register your codec with the Digium registration server?  Hase your
> ethernet MAC address changed since you registered the codec?

Hi Jared,

I tried to run the register utility and I get as far as this (entering
the Key-ID):

# ./register
Digium Product Registration - Version
Copyright (C) 2004-2007, Digium, Inc.
Use the '-l' option to see license information for software
included in this program.

Please select a product category.

1 - Digium Products
2 - Cepstral Products

0 - Quit

Your Choice: 1
Please select a Product.

1 - Asterisk Business Edition
2 - G.729 Codec
3 - High Performance Echo Can

0 - Quit

Your Choice: 2
Please enter the Key-ID:

How do I know what the Key-ID is that it's asking for? If I run the
"asthostid" app that accompanies the register utility and enter that ID
in the above questions, then I get the following:

The license key for this product should begin with "G729"!

Am I doing something wrong? The README files dont quite explain how to
get the Key-ID?

Thanks
Bruce