[asterisk-users] Upgrade Procedure

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Thu Jul 19 10:01:07 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 10:53 -0400, Nitesh Divecha wrote:
> But is it possible to upgrade from Asterisk 1.2 to Asterisk 1.4?
> I went over the UPGRADE.txt but it didn't explain much about
> uninstalling the old version and then install a new version.

For the most part, you should simply be able to install Asterisk 1.4 on
top of Asterisk 1.2.  The one place this won't work to well is with the
Asterisk modules (usually located in /usr/lib/asterisk/modules).  I
typically move those modules to a new location, then install Asterisk
1.4 over the top of Asterisk 1.2, and change my configuration files to
match the new Asterisk 1.4 settings.

Another common problem is that a couple of new items have been added to
asterisk.conf, so I typically renamed asterisk.conf before installing
1.4, so that I get the new version of asterisk.conf as well.

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager