[asterisk-users] what codecs for LAN

David Ruggles david at safedatausa.com
Wed Jul 18 10:03:08 CDT 2007

What is the best CODEC/Format combination to use?

I've got several * boxes setup on a lan that are IVR servers. All the
prompts are in GSM so I was using GSM thinking that it would prevent
transcoding between the prompts and the voice channel. Is this an accurate
assumption? Is there a better combination?

Thanks,

David Ruggles
CCNA MCSE (NT) CNA A+
Network Engineer  Safe Data, Inc.