[asterisk-users] blind transfer on hook-flash from SIP phone

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Jul 18 09:07:08 CDT 2007

Paul Hayes wrote:

> However, Asterisk ignores the hook flash messages and I can't find
> anyway of getting it to treat the hook flash message in the same way as
> a # being sent.
>
> The only information I can find relates to detecting or sending hook
> flashes on zap channels.

This is because hook-flash support is in chan_zap, not in the core of
Asterisk. There is no need to support hook-flash on any other channel
type, because every other channel type supported by Asterisk has its own
(more reliable) methods of signaling.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies