[asterisk-users] Zap channels unavailable?

Martin Smith martins at bebr.ufl.edu
Tue Jul 17 09:04:52 CDT 2007

Hello Jan,

We have also been seeing this issue, and we are running Asterisk
1.2.17/Zaptel 1.2.16/LibPRI 1.2.4-r2. We have been informed by our PRI
provider that a "3rd party vendor" has applied firmware to some hardware
along our path, and that it has an unfortunate bug of hanging B-channels
in the PRI flags "resetting" state. We have been assured that the vendor
has been given a 30-day deadline (starting maybe 2 weeks ago) to fix the
problem, and that it will go away soon. In the mean time, we've also had
to restart Asterisk to free our B-channels for use, and any link-level
event potentially re-hangs them.

Keep us posted if you find out anything!

Martin Smith, Systems Developer
martins at bebr.ufl.edu
Bureau of Economic and Business Research
University of Florida
(352) 392-0171 Ext. 221