[asterisk-users] zaptel_hardware [was: Zaptel 1.2.19 and 1.4.4 released]

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Jul 16 16:29:28 CDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 01:51:52PM -0500, The Asterisk Development Team wrote:
> The Asterisk.org development team has announced the release of Zaptel
> versions 1.2.18 and 1.4.4.  These releases are maintenance releases that
> fix various known issues.  See the ChangeLog included in the releases
> for a full list of changes.  The ChangeLogs are also available
> separately on the ftp site.
>
> Both releases are available as a tarball as well as a patch against the
> previous release.  They are available for download from ftp.digium.com.

One thing I'd like to ask your help in:

If you install from xpp/utils (in 1.4 this is enabled by default, and
generally condtioned on building the driver xpp, on 1.2 it requires
runningan explicit 'make -C xpp/utils install'), you'll now also get the
zaptel-perl modules and utilities.

You can also run the directly from the Zaptel source distribution
without installing anything. For instance:

  ./xpp/utils/lszaptel
  ./xpp/utils/zaptel_hardware

They all include documentation in perldoc format:

  perldoc xpp/utils/lszaptel

I would appreciate it if you could take the time to run:

  ./xpp/utils/zaptel_hardware

from an extracted zaptel 1.2.19 / zaptel 1.4.4 tarball or latest SVN,
and report to me if it hasn't found your hardware. Specifically, what
card it is, and what is its PCI ID (from lspci -n).

For PCI cards, Much of the dirty work is done in
xpp/utils/zconf/Zaptel/Hardware/PCI.pm .

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com