[asterisk-users] Crontab script to check health of Asterisk server?

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Mon Jul 16 10:23:43 CDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 09:31 -0500, Henry J. Cobb wrote:
> Has anybody created a crontab script to check the health of an Asterisk
> server?
>
> The part I'm struggling with is some sort of IAX "ping" to test the
> connection to each provider without making a call.

The VoIP wiki has a page[1] dedicated to Asterisk monitoring, including
links to a couple of Perl scripts that will do an IAX "POKE" to see if
the provider is responding, and allow you to measure the latency as
well.  I've also heard that one of the Asterisk developers is working on
a command-line tool (probably in compiled C) to do similar things as
well.  You might also want to check the iaxclient community and see if
they have anything written that could help you.

[1] http://voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+monitoring

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager