[asterisk-users] Asterisk with iax2 over satellite

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Mon Jul 16 09:29:55 CDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-15 at 10:50 -0400, Tom Moore wrote:
> What are the ideal settings I should use in iax.conf for the optimal
> operation over satellite besides the normal options for the type=friend
> peer?

If you have a suitable timing source (ztdummy or a Digium card) and more
than 2 simultaneous calls between the two Asterisk boxes, I'd set
"trunk=yes" to reduce the IP bandwidth overhead.

This won't help with audio quality, but it will allow you to fit more
calls down a pipe with limited bandwidth.

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager