[asterisk-users] Asterisk with iax2 over satellite

Tom Moore tmoore at issvsat.com
Sun Jul 15 11:37:13 CDT 2007

Sip would probably work well in a single phone situation, but what I'm
trying to do is use multiple phones over a single trunk connection.

Using sip though do you have a few seconds at the beginning of each call
where the audio is not clear?
On our link when I tried a sip phone the connection was unstable for about 5
seconds before the two people could hear each other well enough to have a
conversation.
Also another things I noticed is that with either sip or Iax that when I
call came in the latency shot through the roof up to 2.5 seconds or so for
the first 30 seconds of the call before it settled back down to the usual
600 to 700.

Tom