[asterisk-users] 1.4 Crashes

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Sat Jul 14 15:51:28 CDT 2007

So last night thanks to the help of the fine folks on this list I got
the newest Zap 1.4 and Asterisk 1.4  compiled and installed and
seemingly working except that after a few calls and a few keystrokes
I get a kernel panic. The first time I had just typed reload after
cleaning up some deprecated commands, the second time I had just
pressed Alt+2 to get to another session. So 1.2 is back and working
as it always has.  This is the same problem I had when I installed
the first version of 1.4 so there is clearly something wrong with 1.4
or my computer or install.

Any and all suggestions welcome.  I'd rather not reinstall Linux, but
if it's the only choice, I will. It's CentOS with yum update run
recently and all updates applied. It was originally installed from a
TrixBox disk about 2 years ago so I guess it's CentOS 4.

Ira